Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ain't that something! Now that's how you sell a BBQ

I've been meaning to do a post on some 'classic' Australian adverts from the 1980s - the ones that influenced my buying choices as a young consumer (or not, given that all I had was pocket money to spend, and not much of it).

But I haven't been able to nail myself down to the chair to write the damn post as yet, and thus as a bit of an appetite whetter I give you this collection of 80s ads compiled by a young comedian from Adelaide called David M Green. I don't know anything about him except that apparently he is a DJ on 101.5 FM (which to be honest I've never heard of, but then I haven't lived in Adelaide for a while). Nevertheless it's a funny clip, and so enjoy (by the way it's 10 minutes long, so maybe leave for your lunch break).



As an added bonus here's an advert for Pizza Hut from the 80s that I can recall very clearly - though the actor at the time was doing presumably what all actors do (ie whatever they can to make some money). Fair to say though, that he made the right choice in deciding to move on from acting and do a bit of a sports radio show on Triple J. It also serves to remind us of how much our pizza making skills have improved in the last 30 years.

No comments: